It’s nearly that time of year again, where our children try to eat their own body weight in chocolate, and parents try really hard not to get spotted, ‘helping’ their children out with the chocolate mountain (or is that just in my house?) Yes that’s right, it’s Easter time, and the Easter holidays are a great time to spend with loved ones. So, we have had a little brainstorm of things available to do during the Easter holidays, in order to help your offspring burn off the excess sugar, and hopefully help keep your sanity!
1. Go and watch the magnificent display of the Red Kites at feeding time at either Gigrin Farm Rhayader, or at Bwlch Nant Yr Arian near Aberyswyth. Check their websites for feeding times.
2. Play an Escape Game at Beyond Breakout – (Please note how I refrained from putting us at number 1!) We have two indoor escape rooms to choose from, with an added bonus this Easter time - we have a game, within the game! Inside our escape rooms, we have hidden Easter eggs for you to find, so it is an Easter Egg hunt with a difference and chocolatey prizes to be won!
3. Geocaching - Join the world’s largest treasure hunt! All you need is to create an account on geocaching.com, then use the app to find geocaches wherever you are!
4. Stand up paddleboarding- fancy something a little more adventurous? Then contact Mavericks SUP the only dedicated paddle board company in the area, who cater for all abilities based at Clywedog Sailing club.
5. Spring Fair – Open Newtown and Oriel Davies are organising a Spring Fair on Sunday 24th April. There will be workshops, stalls, music and storytelling, entry is FREE and all you need to take is a picnic.
6. Easter Egg Hunt- Obviously Easter wouldn’t be Easter without an Easter Egg hunt! There is an Easter Egg trail at Elan Valley, which takes approximately 2 hours to complete. There is also good coffee, food, and a playground, so it makes a good family day out!
7. Woodchuckers – Go and have lot of fun throwing stuff around and unleash your inner Viking at Woodchuckers in Llanidloes.
8. Play an Outdoor Escape Game at Beyond Breakout – Now I know we are on this list twice, but we have compiled the list, so we feel the need to blow our own trumpet! If you enjoy getting fresh air, than we have two outdoor escape games to play, ‘Magic Portal’ and ‘Operation Mindfall’, both are a lot of fun to play and take 2 hours to play, for teams of up to 6 players. Book here
Hopefully we have given you some ideas of what to do this Easter, and if you would like any more information about our escape games, or would like to book, then head to our website: www.beyondbreakout.com